Part-Time Contract Drone Pilots
Location: Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, Idaho, California
We are seeking responsible aviation professionals who can pilot our growing drone fleet while exercising sound judgment and strict flight discipline. The ideal candidate has a pilot's license or remote airman certificate, previous commercial UAS piloting experience, and is willing to travel to remote sites throughout the Pacific NorthWest. The contract drone pilot will be on contract “as needed,” paid per assignment, and earnings will be reported with an IRS 1099 form. This position will grow into a full-time, salaried role as work increases.
- Conduct pre-mission planning with customers in a professional and courteous manner. Our pilots serve as the face of the company, and must provide excellent customer service.
- Develop flight plans, check weather and coordinate airspace travel with local authorities or private operations
- Facilitate pre-mission operational and safety briefs, and run through preflight checklists before flights
- Perform limited UAS and ground support equipment troubleshooting.
- Solve equipment and communication problems on the ground and deliver acquired flight data in a timely manner to DroneSeed HQ.
- Strict adherence to the FAA's Part 107, Part 137, and other legislation, including DroneSeed's conditional waivers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures in DroneSeeds's Operations Manual.
- Don't be a dick. We like our colleagues and our customers and want to keep working with them.